About the Conference
From 2015, the LOD Conference brings academics, researchers and industrial researchers together in a unique multidisciplinary community to discuss the state of the art and the latest advances in the integration of machine learning, optimization and data science to provide the scientific and technological foundations for interpretable, explainable and trustworthy AI adopting, from 2017, the Asilomar AI Principles.
The 6th Annual Conference on machine Learning, Optimization and Data science (LOD) is a international conference on machine learning, computational optimization, data science that includes invited talks, tutorial talks, special sessions, industrial tracks, demonstrations and oral and poster presentations of refereed papers.
The International Conference on Machine Learning, Optimization, and Data Science (LOD) has established itself as a premier interdisciplinary conference in machine learning, computational optimization and data science. It provides an international forum for presentation of original multidisciplinary research results, as well as exchange and dissemination of innovative and practical development experiences.
We invite submissions of papers, abstracts, posters and demos on all topics related to Machine learning, Optimization and Data Science including real-world applications for the Conference proceedings – Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science.
The LOD Conference Manifesto
“The problem of understanding intelligence is said to be the greatest problem in science today and “the” problem for this century — as deciphering the genetic code was for the second half of the last one.
Arguably, the problem of learning represents a gateway to understanding intelligence in brains and machines, to discovering how the human brain works, and to making intelligent machines that learn from experience and improve their competences as children do.
In engineering, learning techniques would make it possible to develop software that can be quickly customized to deal with the increasing amount of information and the flood of data around us.”
“The Mathematics of Learning: Dealing with Data“
Tomaso Poggio (MOD 2015 & LOD 2020 Keynote Speaker)
Artificial Intelligence has already provided beneficial tools that are used every day by people around the world. Its continued development, guided by the AI Asilomar principles, will offer amazing opportunities to help and empower people in the decades and centuries ahead.
The AI Asilomar principles have been adopted by the LOD Conference since their initial formulation, 3-5 January 2017. Since then they have been an integral part of the Manifesto of LOD Community (LOD 2017).
- Special Session Proposals:
- Special Session Notification:
- Paper Submission Deadline:
June 4 (extended) – Anywhere on Earth.
- Reviews Released to Authors:
by June 15.
- Rebuttal Due: by June 22.
- Decision Notification to Authors: by June 25.
- Camera Ready Submission Deadline:
by June 30.
- Late-Breaking Paper Submission Deadline: June 30.
- Early Registration as Presenting Author: by July 10.
- Early Registration: by July 10.
- Late Registration: from July 11.
- Accommodation Reservation at the Certosa di Pontignano: by July 10.
- On-Site Registration: July 19-23.
- Jul 2, 2020 — Presentations Guide
- Jul 2, 2020 — Zoom: for LOD 2020 participants using remote connection
- Jun 24, 2020 — LOD 2020 Schedule
- Jun 20, 2020 — New Keynote Speaker: Prof. Bettina Berendt
- Jun 17, 2020 — Re-open EU https://reopen.europa.eu/en/
- Jun 17, 2020 — Prof. Pierre Baldi’s Keynote Talks
- Jun 15, 2020 — Certosa di Pontignano Accommodation Form
- Jun 12, 2020 — Social activities: Visit of the Certosa di Pontignano, Tour in the Tuscan Countryside and Wine Tasting.
- Jun 12, 2020 — 570+ confirmed PC members! Breaking the record of the last edition!
- Jun 12, 2020 — New Keynote Speaker: Prof. Isabel Valera
- Jun 10, 2020 — New Keynote Speaker: Prof. Ruth Urner
- Jun 10, 2020 — New Keynote Speaker: Prof. Barbara Di Camillo
- Jun 8, 2020 — New Keynote Speaker: Prof. Angelo Lucia – Viral Metabolic Reprogramming
- Jun 3, 2020 — VIRTUAL REGISTRATION FEE
- May 31, 2020 — Prof. Panos Pardalos’ Keynote Talk: Inverse Combinatorial Optimization Problems
Saarland University, Saarbrücken & Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems, Tübingen, Germany
Technische Universität Berlin, Germany Weizenbaum Institute for the Networked Society, Germany
Technische Universitaet Darmstadt & Max-Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems, Germany
Special Sessions Chair
Tutorial Sessions Chair
Industrial Session Chairs
Many international well-known experts in Machine Learning, Optimization and Big Data have joined LOD. Let’s review the history of LOD.
- LOD 2019
The Fifth International Conference on Machine Learning, Optimization and Big Data
Certosa di Pontignano – Siena – Tuscany – Italy
- LOD 2018
The Fourth International Conference on Machine Learning, Optimization and Big Data
Volterra – Tuscany – Italy
- MOD 2017
The Third International Conference on Machine Learning, Optimization and Big Data
Volterra – Tuscany – Italy
- MOD 2016
The Second International Workshop on Machine learning, Optimization and big Data
Volterra – Tuscany – Italy
- MOD 2015
International Workshop on Machine learning, Optimization and big Data
Taormina – Sicily – Italy